Sunday, September 30, 2007

Everyone loves to go to their mailbox (physical or virtual) and find new coupons for their favorite stores. I know that I love the Target clipless coupons that they send out and also the dozens of coupons for Bed, Bath, & Beyond that I faithfully get every month. Making the public consumers aware of your brand is one step in increasing your customers, their loyalty, and sales. If I have a coupon for a certain store, I am more likely to go choose that store over another one because I know that I will save money. Even if it is a 10% off coupon and it won't save me much on my $20 purchase, I'll probably go there just because I have the coupon and I am reminded of the store. Many times I'll forget about a certain store, but once I get a coupon from them, I suddenly remember that I need something from that store. There are tons of stores that do not send out any type of coupon or promotional advertisement. I feel like if those stores would start to do that, then their customer base would expand and they would have more traffic to their stores. Even though coupons can be costly to a company, the customer loyalty that comes from coupons is amazing. I work in a clothing retail store and I see the same customers come in weekly because of the new coupons that they got in the mail. Most of the time theyw oudl not have came by to shop if it wasn't for the coupon. Once the customer is in the store, they are more likely to buy more than what is required for the coupon (if anything), so for the most part, it can benefit a company. Awareness of the brand is not going to come from walking by it in the mall, it is going to come from good advertising and promotional sales and coupons that will remind the consumer of the brand/store and draw them in to make a purchase.

No comments: