Monday, October 1, 2007

Yahoo Avatars

I had never heard of Yahoo Avatars before, but after visiting the site and playing around with it, it seems pretty fun. I don't really know what the point of having one is...(maybe for your Yahoo messenger?)...but it is fun to play around with. I really like that there are so many options for what you can do to your avatar. The organizational or 'for a cause' options of t-shirts or backgrounds make it very versatile and interesting. I don't really have any suggestions because they've already thought of everything. I would have never thought of some of the hairstyles or different options for the avatars. Beyond a physical aspect, it would be kind of fun and interesting if you could make them talk or interact with others. Also, having options for careers they could have or families that they could make...it might take it to another level beyond just the physical attributes. Another thought that I had was that they could have options as to what brand of clothing or what designer clothing they could wear. The brands may be able to make money off of this or just increase their brand awareness. I saw on there that Pepsi has teamed up and I think that this is a great way to get the brand more publicity. Other brands should follow in their footsteps and think about doing the same thing.


--jordan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great suggestions on the brand aspect!! I agree it would be a good way to increase brand awareness. Do you think if they teamed up with Myspace/Facebook that it would be successful? It would definately be a great way to advertise a brand...just like some myspace layouts are brand layouts such as Tiffany or Dior.