Monday, October 29, 2007

When we watched the ad for Macy's that included all of the different celebrities and designers, I knew that I would remember this ad and think about it before I would remember or think about a Belk or Dillards ad. I think that Macy's does a great job of removing themselves from the boring department store group. When people think of Macy's they think of New York City and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. When people think of Belk or Dillards or JCPenney's they do not think of anything except low prices and good sales and department store products/layout. Having an ad on television about the different celebrities and designers that Macy's offers is a great way to individualize themselves from all of the other department stores that everyone is tired of. I am sure that Macy's will reap the benefits of this particular advertisement.

No comments: